Monday, April 17, 2006

Vanilla

Very tired. I've been almost falling asleep all over the show. Today, the rest of the country is sleeping in and having breakfast in bed in the name of Family Day. The bakery manager asked me what the date is. "It's the 17th today," I replied. "It's supposed to be family day." I haven't seen my family in months. I also haven't even seen an easter egg, and Easter is basically over. After having spent my Easter at work, the bakery man crushes the last little wakefulness I had by replying: "Oh, but this is where you should be today. This company is your family now."
Three months and counting. I'm resigning on the 14th of June.

The past week or so has brought forth a series of extremely ironic events. So many absurd interactions with semi-strangers that I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. I suppose I'll have to let it sink in first, do some mental filing, sexual admin. But first, I need to get through the day. QC sessions and cleaning training awaits in a company that go against the grain of human rights. They are slave drivers. Im referring to the poor black people they use as the cogs & wheels for profit. This is me, digressing. Back to the point:
I do believe that, as humans, we rock individually and connect invisibly. But I forgot that we do. Until recently I've been picking up small connections between me and the semi-strangers. Picking up the phone just seconds before I get an sms from samesame - six times in a row. Or dreaming the burn's blog address - and being out with two letters. It's always the little things that kill, the little things that thrill.
And the main act in this lip-synch circus has yet to make his entrance..

No comments: