Thursday, July 27, 2006

Who's prepared?

Instead of ripping the last 15 cds, I'm going to go visit Gert, who wants to make me a skirt with the most beautiful material on earth. This guy is great, and I've known him since childhood days. My first memory of him is seeing him walk with my brother in the garden, while I was chilling on the roof.. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Nevermind.
There's often an occasion where we're all broke and hungry, and Gert would say "do you have eggs and some cacao", and 20 minutes later we'd have brownies. No recipe book. Nothing to wear tonight? No worries, he'll just make a jacket to cover his shoulders. Car troubles? Fixed if Gert is in the neighbourhood. He's like a McGyver of sorts. I really wish he came in a travel-sized pack so I could take him with.

2 comments:

partieweirdo said...

My personal opinion is that every girl should have a little Gert to keep in her pocket, so that you can just wip him out when the need arises. He's amazing. Saved my skirt once after I had burnt it with an iron. I don't iron - out of principle - you see. So he just did something to it and made the burn part of the design. How spectacular is he?
Nothing to eat? Let them eat cake! And Gert will produce it out of thin air. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»