Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The original document

What will follow is the original story I wrote for the Okayama JET publication, The Fuzzy Peach. Not that it's in any way a literary achievement.. it's like a community newspaper. Hey, it keeps up the illusion that I get mail.

So yesterday while cleaning, I picked up the Fuzzy which featured my memories of Golden Week. I never read my article in the magazine cause, well, I knew what it was about. However, yesterday I read it for the first time, to notice to my horror that the article was mangled beyond recognition, and dumbass spelling mistakes appeared where I never would have left them. Would I ever spell "tent" as "tenet"? I don't think so.

After being silently offended all on my own, I got to school this morning to hear my JTE say: "Oh, I found your evaluation sheet but, Marilu, you made a spelling mistake. Memorisation is spelled with a z."

I'm done with arguing about "MY WAY" vs "The American Way", so, what the hell, let's spell it with a z.

I digress.

Next post to follow will be the article of the last bestest time on earth I had.

peace out.

No comments: