Monday, January 22, 2007

Fuyu Yasumi (finally..)


It's been just over a week since I left the jungles and beaches of South East Asia and returned to the brown mountains of inaka Japan. It's been over a week since I sadly left the summer sun for a mediocre winter where the snow just isn't getting around to falling. On the day of my inevitable return, the winds in Osaka was blowing with such force that the trains had to be cancelled, and the rest of the trip was done in all too familiar bus seats. Of my 15 day holiday, approximately 4 days was spent in transit. Three nights I slept on busses. One night on a train. Despite the slight discomfort of 55 degree reclining seats, nightbusses suited me fine, as it meant one less night I had to pay for accomodation. So much happened in such a short time that it would take an entire day's worth of blogging to type everything down, so I decided to divide the posts into convenient bite-sized portions. These will be arranged according to topic. The things I want to remember. The things that I feel is worth sharing. The things that the Niimi crew have heard seven thousand times already. Enjoy, kudasai.

No comments: