Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Cow Goes Moo

As I'm gathered around the dinner table with my neighbours all around, the food just keeps comin'. I'm in heaven. I keep making notes. Translating fish names. The next plate arrives, pinkish meat with veggies.
"Douzo.. please, have some," the guy next to me says.
"Ooh, what is it?" I asked, chopsticks poised to grab a bite.
He smiles. He leans forward. All the other people around the table lean in as well.
"No no.. Just have some. Tell us.. if you like."
By this time I was just hoping that it wasn't something that used to be human. I pop it in my mouth. Chew. And chew. And chew chew chew. Salty. Chewy. Tasty. Oishiii desu!
The rest of the table was intently watching my every chew. They lean back, and remember to breathe.
"Ahh. You like? It is pig stomach. Hahaha!"
Oh, really? I ask, and pop another piece into my mouth.

Yup. I'll eat anything. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Go Girl! Us food scientists will eat anything, won't we?
mis jy nie jou vars vrugte nie?
IsaBee

Cacophony said...

pig's stomach. if it doesn't kill me, it'll probably make me chunder.

partieweirdo said...

Eeeeeeuw!