Monday, August 07, 2006

Say whaaaat?

There's no point in visiting my blog at the moment.

No, really. I'm in the process of adjusting and decompressing in Japan, and for that I need a gaijin card. Wait, let me try structure my thoughts. I have very little internet time on my hands, as those who have not been receiving mails from me will be able to say. Today I had my first day of school, which ended at 12h00 (what a bonus..), so afterwards I changed my clothes, repacked my bags, and got onto my hard-on-those-hills purple bicycle and tried to keep my eyes on the narrow road for the 5 kilometres it took to get me to Niimi central.

In Niimi I got sunblock (why did I not listen to my mother when she offered me a whole bottle, free of charge?) because my exposed parts are turning a rural shade of Japanese already. White legs, brown arms, maybe I should invest in a pair of weird gloves and a bonnet hat.

My point with the gaijin card was the following: Before I can enter into communication mode again, I need this aforementioned card to apply for landline connections, keitai accounts and yes, I'll have a fax machine as well. So I'll keep you posted. This all should happen in the next few weeks. Next two weeks.

Now to figure out which button will let me post this message...

Ja mata ne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Hope you get this since I failed to see you before you left and my mail account bommed out! Plz mail me your new address to teresavdberg@gmail.com
My thoughts are with you!

Dylan said...

Welcome to Okayama! Ha ha, youre talking Japanese already. 'Keitai' is, of course, one of the first words you learn after 'konnichiwa ' and 'sumimasen' but remember to translate the random Japanese words that you will inevitably be throwing into your future posts for the benefit of our brethren down South! Good luck for August...by the end of the month it may feel like they have forgotten why they hired you, but we actually kinda start working in September. See you at Okayama Orientation, probably.