Friday, August 11, 2006

It's the little things that kill

I am painfully aware of the fact that my blog is being spammed.
So, I visit it every now and again to delete the stupid "here are some interesting links" comments, in a futile attempt to keep my comment space clean and clinical.

So, why not just add the squiggly letter fucntion? I hear myself ask.

See, I'd love to add comment verification protection spam-prevention.. but.. In Japan, die whole damn blogger site is in Japanese. I don't even know where the "English" button is, if there is one. There's no chance that I'll be able to do anything more complicated that post a message, and hopefully, one day, add a picture or two. Yup, I am now more illiterate than I was at age 4. So, this must be what braindamage feels like...

On a less despondent note, I am trying my best to figure out how to travel about 700 kms North into the country to get to a party on the 18th, seeing as I have an insane amount of free time, which I'm getting payed for. The challenging bit is that I have no idea how this public transport system works..

Gotta find out some time though, and there's no better reason for learning to swim than throwing yourself into the deep side of the pool.

PS Until I find out how to englishify die blogger site, does anyone want my password to add the protection for me?

5 comments:

Cacophony said...

i'll do it

sojourner incognito said...

hey. word verification is enabled. wil jy hĂȘ ek moet comment moderation ook opsit?

Anonymous said...

mmmm...

nie geweet jy's al daar nie... een van my veelseggende sms'e het probably verdwyn tussen jakarandas... to new frontiers.

psychic earthling said...

where is the photo mosaic you promised?

sojourner incognito said...

dum-dee dum..

I found out how to turn my blog into a western one. Social pressure. So now I can actually use blogger again.

As for the photo mosaic.. well.. there's this saying that goes:
"the road to hell is paved with good intentions.."

Maybe when I have my apple mac laptop. For now, it's a schlepp to just get the photos onto a workable pc.

Later, luves.