Friday, October 27, 2006

Double-dose Despondency

What was I thinking?

Seeing as my job does not actually involve working, I have been spending my hours at school making flashcards for myself, and getting the grip on 2 new alphabets.
The reason for this illustrious behaviour is not self-improvement or over-enthusiasm.. no sirree, I am studying for an exam. A very expensive exam. Just like kids at school.

Today I read up a bit on JLPT level 4 (the lowest you can go), and someone was quoted as saying "Level 4 is a joke is you have 1 year of University Japanese behind you, or 6 months of diligent study once in Japan". Needless to say, I'm not finding it very funny.

I just started, which leaves me with less than six weeks to memorise 800 Japanese words and 80 kanji. And not go mad in the process.
Gambarimasu. Me and my clever ideas.

(on the plus side, I should be able to hold my own in conversation with the 5 year old by sometime next year)

2 comments:

psychic earthling said...

Wish I could help you study...
Good Luck anyways!
Miss you.

Dylan said...

Ganbatte ne! Taihen desu! Boku no Nihongo wa amari youkunai. Dakara Yonkyuu kakinai. Sukoshi hanasu dake. Tabun rainen Nihongo wasurete kara.