Sunday, December 25, 2005

Birth is a messy business

Christmas and the leftovers are basically finished. Even with The Grinch on tv, it still doesn't feel like Christmas. It feels like it should be August, or maybe September. The older I get, the quicker the years go by. Next year should take me about 3 months to finish. I can't wait.

I sat in church this morning and decided to start a blog. Me having a blog is inevitable. I even like the word, and will use it as a verb. It was an eventful service. I also ran into an old friend. And I mean an oooold friend. We used to be inseparable until we were uhm 8 years old, then her parents divorced and she moved to New Zealand. And today, freaking more than 1.5 decades down the line, she sat in the row behind me in church. I couldn't stop staring. Caught up with her afterwards, and had a nice fat chat. And her eyes are what stood out; it's the same pair of eyes that looked at me when we were building Forest Family valleys in the hallways and got sunburnt crispy in their swimming pool.

It was as exciting as it was weird. Wow. Old friends.

No comments: