Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just Passing Through

I'm alive, violently so. Like a tiger trapped in limbo. I've nowhere to pack my normal clothes, I've no computer to communicate from. I've been walking through the factory like a hobo, a blue bag containing my crumpled up day clothes - bright pink shoes nested inside a red velvet hooded top. I'm a stranger in the Technical department, while the girls in Development now greet me with a "hey, what are you doing here?". The great thing about limbo is that the next step is so uncertain, and that it leaves loads of room for potential.
 
The office is waking up, human traffic building up, my typing time is decreasing. The storm has broken. I've been averaging 4 hours sleep per evening, my mind racing with ideas, conversations, plans, time management. Started my TEFL class. I might have bitten off more than a mouthful, not more than I can chew though. TEFL is going to be a lot of work, technical is going to be a lot of work, I'm stressing about finances because I spent half of my money on crap, and now I have to drive about 750km per week to get to class and back.. No More Mangoes. Three months of non-stop action, the end of which is bringing the unexpected yet highly anticipated arrival of someone I know and yet don't know at all..
 
There's an ethical audit that needs shadowing, and knowledge to be gained. A locker to be organised. Factory trials to be confirmed. Hygiene training to sit in. A reflective journal that is aching with empty pages for my hand to soothe it with a paragraph or two..
 
I can't imagine being bored again.

1 comment:

Cacophony said...

i'm having withdrawel symptoms. sweating, nervous twitches. i need to read your mind.