Friday, May 19, 2006

Autumn in BHS

I remember when I moved into Bronkhorstspruit, I saw the letters 'BHS' everywhere; on rubbish bins, on electricity boxes, on streetlamps and manhole covers.
"Wow," I thought, "The local High school must be very active in the community service thing," misreading the HS as "high school". It was, in fact, "horstspruit" (what a cool combination of letters).

I love my little house, I love my sample garden and the missing tree and the fact that I can get onto my roof in 9 seconds and I love autumn and the colours of the dorp and I'll miss it but I shall remember it.

2 comments:

Cacophony said...

ek wens somer wil nou net uitbroei en klaar kry aan hierdie kant. i could seriously do the eternal summer thing.

sojourner incognito said...

Ek's seker daar's 'n wit strand en onrealistiese blou see êrens waar die son altyd skyn..

South Africans are spoiled with real sunshine..