Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bring it on..

I'm the ultimate cliche. I line them up, one after the other. Got proverb? I'll live it out for you. This week, my proverbial theme is: "It doesn't rain, but it pours."

First my cellphone broke. I replaced it.
Then my car inconveniently gave up its battery in the middle of the week, far away from my house. I replaced it. Missed a day's work and a week's spending money.
Next, my computer died (it was on life support, I pulled the plug).
Then, my kettle stopped working.
My body knocked off early without telling it's co-workers .
And for the final act, my car boomeranged and has, since yesterday 5:26pm, refused to start. No one can tell me what the problem is, but I'm convinced it's spelled with Rands and Cents. It's just very inconvenient, because I have places to be and assignments to hand in. I don't have time to waste, and yet I'm forced to sit at home and watch it drip, minute after precious minute, into an irretrievable void.
My current carkey is in the shape of an old pair of jumper cables. How to make friends and irritate people.
Last night, I had the best sleep of my life, because for 6 hours I didn't have to deal with all this crap.
I'm considering resigning myself over to alcohol, but all I could find was sterilising alcohol handspray that they use in the factory. So I opted for peppermint crisp dessert. And lots of coffee. I hate this constant frown. So I'm shaking my fist at the universe, cartoon-character style.

2 comments:

Cacophony said...

may the force be with you

sojourner incognito said...

No, no. Not the force. Force implies something that is powered, and I've been having bad luck with anything that is powered by power.

It's merely a series of unfortunate events, eccentric uncle excluded.