Sunday, March 05, 2006

Movies & Marshmallows

This weekend has been the closest thing I've had to a holiday in yonks.
I'm still in the pajamas that I donned on Friday evening. Didn't even bother with a shower yesterday. Mrs Nature has opened her box of winds, it's been ice cold the whole weekend (hmm, electric blanket), the wind teasing the windows with haunted verses.
Saturday was spent channel-hopping under a huge quilt, munching chocolate, jelly babies, and ice cream with marshmallows. The beautiful thing about the E! channel is that watching it involves no brain activity, and I was able to do some lazy lusting after the 101 sexiest celeb bodies. Followed by some hot chocolate. And hotdogs.
I crawled into bed wearing the same pajamas, and only got up at 10:30 this morning. Was stirred from sleep by my mother crapping out my father because he bought powdered custard and not UHT custard. Yeah. It's the little things that kill. Woke up sore, stiff and confused - my neck overslept into the sixth dimension, and the traces of an all too familiar dream still clinging to my skull. If this same guy features in my dreams again, I might just go crazy upon awaking. For now, I'll just groan into my pillow.
It's been good to be useless. But I've got an assignment to do. Suppose I should take that shower.

1 comment:

Cacophony said...

it has been freezing everywhere. well, freezing in an african sense. i also spent the whole of saterday inside watching movies.