Friday, March 10, 2006

Unused Opportunites

It's totally free and I totally won't make it.

I'm more or less over the whole clubbing era of my life, nothing only means that much. I do love dancing though, the moment when movement becomes meditation, and my body switches over into autopilot mode, thus enabling my mind to observe my surroundings from a different altitude. I don't miss trancing, but I always have a good time when I do go.
The only reason why this party caught my eye is because I saw the poster on the wall next to the local supermarket. Normally, those walls are flaking with bad ads; farmers selling tractors or horses, housewives selling beauty products from their kitchens, mothers offerings their babysitting facilities, and I've even seen ads for earthworms and eggs.
Yesterday though, the walls announced a party. Literally down the road from where I stay. It would be good to go, but even though it's free, I know I'll have to pay a hefty price.
I've been running out of time. I've been wishing for 26-hour days and 9-day weeks, because my current helping of time just doesn't provide me with enough time to waste... and I do love wasting time. The 18th/19th is my working weekend, which means I will drive past the turnoff to this party. This free party. It also means that my giant assignment has to be handed in the Monday following - which will be the reason I will pretend to not see that turnoff, leading to a long dirt road that will in turn lead to self-built toilets, dudes with dreads, tie-dyed clothes and the beat that just goes on.

2 comments:

Cacophony said...

here's to sleep and alot of perscription medication. bujakasha

Cacophony said...

i think you've pissed off the queen. your link to her site leads to a stopsign.

partieweirdo