Friday, January 13, 2006

Digesting the News

One of the things that makes life worth living is that there are no certainties. You plan and plan, and then life throws you a curveball, so you hit it or duck or pretend you didn't see it, whatever you want to. I was putting all my focus into this going to J-pan mission, like a bull that saw red at the end of the tunnel...

..and then..

today happened. Friday the 13th. My small-town pseudo corporate employer (it's a factory. a food factory) functions on a system that doesn't function. I'm not getting into dreary details. Point being, I've been moved. Between departments. After more than a year of working as a dessert designer (my pretend occupation. It sounds cool, methinks), I received the news today that I'm now going to be working in Technical. I have no idea which sub-department. I don;t even know what I'm going to be doing, starting next week.

For an hour or so, this new development in my life completely threw me off my one track destiny. The corporate world seemed appealing, my options many, the ladder shiny and fun to climb. I lost focus on j-pan and interest in this post. I keep biting my tongue on the same spot and it's fucking sore by now, so much so that I'm lisping.

No comments: