Thursday, January 05, 2006

I am Marilu.


Out of interest and boredom, I've decided to google Image my name.

Results 101 - 120 of about 6,330 for marilu. (0.21 seconds)

I've never met anyone that shares my name, although, while at university, I accidentaly took a marked paper from a heap that had my name on it, only to realise later that it was another Marilu. Another Marilu, same year as me, also in a B.Sc direction. I felt cheated and cheap. Thank God I never met her.

Lots of photos of Marilus across the globe. Most of them seem to be Brazilian though, strange, never thought of my name as Spanish. Actually it was born from a combination between Maria and Lulu. Maria could be Spanish though, or Roman Catholic, so I suppose it's your basic female name, like John for guys.

Hey, there was a Marilu Santana that was Mrs. Central States! Hotel Marilu in Tuscany. Marilu Henner, of course, I think she used to act in Cheers. Guadalupe Marilu Canizales Claros. Marilu Cruz. Marilu Rodriguez. Marilu GarcĂ­a. Marilu's bed & breakfast in Chile. "Today, Marilu is teaching people how to purify their water and avoid drinking water like that which is found in the typical washing area shown here. She is on call 24 hours a day to deliver babies and provide crisis medical care. A doctor is only available a few hours a week." That's not me, by the way.

I'm all over the world. But maybe I did lose part of myself in South America in a previous life. I've been fascinated by it for years now, and will try to live there for at least a year, somewhere in the future. Then maybe I'll meet another Marilu, face to face, and shake her hand.

No comments: