Monday, January 30, 2006

So Close, but yet So Far

Herewith follows the 5 precepts of Buddhism:
 
1 - No killing
2 - No stealing
3 - No lying
4 - No sexual misconduct
5 - No polluting of the body
 
I'm so close.
Aside from unwittingly stepping on worms and insects, I don't kill. Okay, okay I eat meat, but if I don't, I get haemoglobin anaemia and then I can't climb stairs without panting like a puppy. And I just love tearing into a chunk of red meat with some cheese and mushroom sauce. And I encourage my cat to kill, but he's very far from reaching Nirvana, so he's a lost case. I don't kill.
The only thing I've ever shoplifted was a black balloon (not inflated). The only things I ever steal are ideas and concepts, but I remodel them and make them new, make them my own.
Lying - can't do it. I had to lie to cover myself breaking the 5th precept, and I hated it. I'm on such a truth mission lately, because the truth shall indeed set ye free. Damn, I love telling the truth, maybe because it's a bit scary sometimes.
I suppose sexual misconduct is defined as sleeping around with no love to base the sex on. Actually, sexual misconduct is defined as "behavior of a sexualized nature that betrays sacred trust, violates the ministerial role, and exploits those who are vulnerable in that relationship.” Whatever. Point is, I haven't been doing any sexual misconducting for a veeeeery long time now, so I'm almost like a sacred cow or something.
Haha. then we get to point 5...
 
My dear Point 5.
You were the cause of my big moral dilemma. I walked into the shrine, and looked up at the three Buddhas. 22.5 tons of Burmese teak and gold leaf plating looked down at me, looked through me, and saw how I failed because of you. You, Point 5, are the cause of my agitation - when will I stop spending weekends in toxication? Is 24 not a good time to cut down on things available both on shop shelves and the black market? Why am I not feeling like crap? It would be an incentive to stop. I think I'm just overprotective, protecting me from myself, my daily companion. Or I need a real issue. Or a real lover. Even Daniela told me that over the weekend: "you need to get yourself a lover". Mail order russian bridegrooms here I come.

 

No comments: