Friday, January 13, 2006

spooky.

If you haven't noticed yet, today is Friday the 13th.

There's been a lot of them, and there will be one more this year. Normally, people just cruise through it, with an 'oh hey look' but not much else. For some reason though, everyone around me is super-aware of the fact that the superstitious stayed in bed today.

I was born on a Friday the 13th, so I'm always expecting a good day when the calendar coincides with my birthday, regardless of the month. What makes today's extra special though, is that there is a full moon tonight. And it's the first one of the year.

Today also marks the birthday of a girl I lost contact with years ago. We used to be best of friends, and spent many hours in my back yard baking mudpies. We also used to bath together, something I'll never do now. But I was 8 years old at the time. I saw her once again, a few years ago, and she had shockingly green eyes and a prominent forehead. Not the way I remember her. Oh, it was also with her that I fried marshmallows over candles, and ate so much of it that I puked. It was good, being a kid.

No comments: