Thursday, January 12, 2006

the healing powers of empathy

I love my friends. They made me feel so much better, both physically and about the fact that I wussed out and went to the doctor. Everyone who knew I was feeling a bit off phoned or sms'ed, and I even got some free reiki healing from 70kms away (thanks IsaBee).

What I hate most about feeling sick, is that I feel sorry for myself. Boohoo, poor Marilu, is it sore to swallow, little girl? But I did get booked off from work for the day, so it wasn't all in vain. And the visit to mister healthcare was surprisingly pleasant, what a nice GP. A Santa Clause lookalike, Dr. Rose, who kept joking about his weight and didn't blink when I requested an HIV test. He is professional, after all. Such a nice visit, I think I'll sommer go again at the first sign of a sniffle or cough.

So now I'm the proud owner of four bags of pills (green ones, pink lozenges, purple ones and brown & white antibiotics). I've already skipped it twice, and I only got it yesterday. Bah, I hate pills. Love 'em, but hate 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a pleasure! Love your blog by the way...