Friday, January 06, 2006

Philosophy of Blogging 101

I've been thinking about the act of blogging a lot lately. because I've been thinking in blog logs lately. And I think it can become a physical addiction. Psychological. Because it goes two ways:
If you use the blog, as I do, to lay down a few thoughts with the knowledge that it is there for anyone to see. All they need is a key in the form of a url, and they can see into your life, your thoughts, your experiences. It's sortof like looking into the abyss; and the abyss looking back into you. Because you create a post around a thought, every random thought could become a possible post. Every thought is captured, every moment, however trivial forms the basis for a new story, for a new blog entry.

By thinking like this, by embroidering or dissecting daily events, you become all the more conscious of your current reality. Your perceptions are enhanced, your thoughts are over-active, you are more alive than before. You're high on.. blog.

Case Study:I was washing clothes a bit earlier. Such a schlepp, but it's part of The Eternal Struggle, and therefore unavoidable. Today, up to my elbows in warm soapy water, I romanticise the whole event, and type it mentally. handwashing becomes something that binds people (mostly women, i suppose?) from the beginning of mankind. Everyone had to wash clothes! Everyone knows this feeling! I feel connected with my foremothers, and scoff at those consumers of the modern world with their washing machines, bah! I remember washing clothes in winter, late at night with a chill in the air. Steam rising from the basin outside, the warmth of the water over my hands and arms, with my fingers running through all those different textures. The cold water that drips as soon as the clothes are squeezed dry, and the washing lines full of hotpants and skirts; steaming in the dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

comeooooooon:-technology exist to be utilized. Like the part about steaming in the dark though.
t h efunksoulbro